Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, July 06, 2003

Alright...picture time! Some of these are kind of fuzzy cause I had the hiccups while I was taking them. First off, my winter set that I am making out of homespun yarn.

The yarn doesn't really show up that well cause it was getting dark outside...but it is Lion Brand HomeSpun in Corinthian. There is red, purple, green, and a yellowy orange in it..sooo pretty. The hat and mittens are done and the scarf I am working in seed stitch...and am not very far along on as is obvious. I have the rest of that skein left and almost 2 full other skeins, so it could end up being very long if I want :)

Next comes my sock in progress: This one I am just working using Wool-Ease sportweight yarn in Turquoise to practice. Eventually I want to use self striping sock yarn (although none of the stores near me carry it so I will have to order it or find some other inventive way to buy it). The patterns that I have call for each round being only 48 stitches, which is pretty tight with sportweight on size 3 needles. Most of the other patterns I have seen call for about 60 stitches when using sportweight and size 3 needles. Oh well.

Finally, the baby booties I am making:

This one is done except that I have to put a ribbon through the eyelets and tie it in a bow. Whenever I tie a bow it looks all funny, how come others come out perfect looking? grrrr. Ah well, he still needs a mate, which I will get to eventually. I'm knitting this with baby fingering weight yarn on size 3 straight needles. I hate sewing pieces...even the tiny little bit here. Which is why I just wanna work on socks (once I am happy with them)...for now anyways.

Well I spent most of the long weekend grading tests and homeworks and preparing for recitations. Cleared the way to have some time to do my own work this week tho. I really hope my needles come soon, I emailed Herrschners to ask why it says they have not been shipped yet and am waiting on a reply. I am still dying to do the fuzzy feet slippers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home