Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, July 13, 2003

I've Been Bad
After organizing all my yarn so that I could see where it was, in hopes that I would use it instead of buying more...I bought more yarn yester. My pitfall is not so much that I go out searching for yarn (although I do that too from time to time), but that I find it at an irresistable price and just can't refuse. For example, yesterday I found 5 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun yarn in the same color and dyelot for just $1.75 a skein. How could I not buy that....that could make a luscious throw at a cheap price or several projects. In my defense, I used up about as much yarn as I bought yesterday. And what did I use it on? Well...

Out With the Old, In With the New...
I had a very productive day yesterday, finishing up some projects that I had started. First I finished the purse that I had been making out of Lion Brand Chenille Sensations. It worked up really nice. The picture doesnt show up so well but there is a button and loop closure on it. Then I finished the baby booties I had been knitting, meaning that I knitted the second bootie and then put the ribbons in. Here is what they look like finished:


I Enjoy Being A Girl
Well after finishing those I couldn't resist starting a new project. I had 2 skeins of Bernat Soft Bouclé that I had planned to use together to make some sort of a scarf. One was a solid Medium Rose and the other was a variagated color called Blooming Rose which complimented it well. So what did I make? A boa! I used the pattern on Lion's Website with some slight modifications (besides the yarn). I did an initial chain of 71 instead of 67 to make it a little longer and for the last repeat I just did the loops row and then joined the first and last rows with slip stitches...to close it up. I like it a lot better this way. the pattern on the website is written to be made with Chenille Thick & Quick. Why didn't I use it? For a couple of reasons... (1) I hate T&Q with a passion from the 2 times I tried using it and it shed terribly on me, (2) I like the Bouclé and it is easy to care for, and (3) I happened to have the Bouclé handy with the 2 specific colors I wanted to use together. So I crocheted the boa using 1 strand of each held together...and it only took a few hours. Of course after I finished it I loved it so much that I wanted one that I could keep (the pink one will be a gift) so I used my 2 matching balls of dark blue Bouclé to make one for myself (to play with, if nothing else). I love them both...the pattern is so easy and quick and they are so luscious and swanky looking! I really want one in red...hrmmmmm....who knows. Well, here they are in all their glory:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home