Tifffany's Ramblings

Friday, July 18, 2003

Just Like Alice...

As I was walking from my office back to my car today...something interesting happened. At one point, I walk through an area with trees on either side and below them are planted these plants with very tall stalks and leaves at the ends. The way they are made, with tall skinny stalks and large leaves, catches the wind just so and shakes them as if someone was physically moving them. So as I was walking along, there were all these leaves wagging back and forth...though not in unison. Although I felt a bit like I was being reprimanded for skipping class, I also had a sense of what Alice must have felt in that wonderful scene with the talking flowers...I think it was in the sequel. Ah, to be the star of my own fairy tale...if just for a moment.

Finally...

I got my butt in gear and took some progress pics. First, the bulky socks that I have been working on since what feels like forever: . My dad's got some big ol' feet. Next, the precious little baby cardigan which I haven't been spending so much time on either: This is just the back...I've got a couple more inches before I can take it off and then I've still got the 2 front sides, the sleeves, the button and neckband to go. Bah! Babies are so much trouble, hehe. But it is pretty fun to knit, although the instructions that I have leave a lot to be desired. More later when I make more progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home