Tifffany's Ramblings

Thursday, July 10, 2003

New Sock in Town

Well I didn't have a ton of time to do much of anything fun last night because I was busy being so disciplined. Yup I worked all night from about 2:30 til 10:30 on an assignment due on Friday...I was really tempted not to do it since I am just auditing the class and not actually receiving a grade...but since I do want to learn/review the stuff I forced myself to do it. Then I had to prepare for the other classes I have to teach this week. But after that....I had time to cast on and knit a few rows of a bulky sock made out of Woolease Chunky. I am knitting these in size 3 (just like regular socks) tho the patterns calls for 6 and 8's. Here is the pathetically little amount of knitting I did. Well, it is only a little bit but I plan to make a lot more progress on that tonight.

Slipper Mania

Speaking of progress, I finished my fuzzy feet slippers the other day and hadn't yet posted a pic. Well, here they are in all their glory: Also, I realize that I never posted pics of my garter stitch slippers here...just on my main site. Well...here are those too: They're very stretchy...but I like em. There is another pic of them on my knitting page!

A Stroll Down Memory Lane

When I was at the store the other day, I saw that they had already put out their halloween decorations. So, that motivated me to scan my Halloween Afghan that I made a few years ago. I bought the pattern to crochet this at Annie's Attic pretty much the moment I saw it...I knew I had to have it. I worked on it while I was doing my undergrad...it took a couple of months to complete. It was pretty simple too...basically all worked in single crochet with color changes....pretty much the intarsia version of crochet. I wrapped all the floats into the crochets...so there is some bleed through but I don't mind it. It was made in panels...1 middle, 4 sides, 4 corners...but then I didn't have to do ANY sewing because the border worked them all together! It is so fun! My mom loves it and really wants it...maybe some day I will make one for her...but it was kind of a pain so we shall see. Anyways...here is one picture of it: The with, ghosts, and bats were really fun to work! I've washed it 1x with no color bleeding. There is another picture on the crochet page of my main page but that one has worse color (yet better detail)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home