Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, July 05, 2003

Well I kinda messed up my formatting today. While pasting everything into FrontPage and then fiddling worked for awhile...it finally defeated me. Oh well. Still haven't got the archiving or comments set up...been too busy......knitting! Well yesterday I made a baby bootie...it's all right but a pain to work all day on those tiny little needles and come out with such a small project, hehe. Also I started a sock using the magic loop technique on one circular. It is coming out pretty well right now...although mine is knitting inside out (I really don't understand how it is possible not to do that) but I figure I will just knit the entire thing inside out and then flip it when I am done. I don't think that it will be a problem.

I also finally made laces for the garter stitch slippers. My favorite way to make a cording out of any type of non thin yarn is to use a crochet hook, crochet a chain significantly larger than what you will need, and then slip stitch in every stitch. It makes a nice thick string with no stretchiness, and it comes out a lot smaller than the original chain. I love it for handles on bags too.

I really want to start these fuzzy feet slippers but my needles are still on order from Herrschner's. Maybe they will get here today! If not, then I am tempted to go out and get some #8 circulars so I can knit these 2 balls of wool-ease chunky into a nice pair of thick socks! I have been staring at them for awhile and wanting to use them. Well...we'll see...and maybe I will be able to get some pictures up today if I remember and have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home