Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, July 05, 2003

The whole reason that I learned how to knit was to make socks, and I am finally getting to do it! After having once completed a sock all the way to the toe using DPNs and being unhappy with the process and the result I finally ripped it out because I didn't want to make its mate. When I first started with the single circular it was a bit of a struggle...but now it is just going so well! I get a much more even tension because I don't have to try to knit tightly in places where 2 dpn's join. Also I can make it even by pulling the yarn since the stitches are slipped off the needle and onto the thinner cable. I am knitting a basic sock with a slightly twisted ribbing using Susan Bate's #3 29" circular...I wish it was a little longer but that's the best they had. Don't even try to knit with the magic loop using a Boye, they are way too stiff (I tried). Plus the ones I bought were sticky for some reason...ew. I am finally to the fun part of knitting the flap and turning the heel...hurrah! Off to do that now (or some of it). We will see if the single circular becomes more difficult to work with here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home