Tifffany's Ramblings

Thursday, August 07, 2003

Alright, I'm back! (Maybe...hopefully not). Well, I didn't really go anywhere...but my mom flew in to visit me for the first time last Saturday and left yesterday morning. We had lots of fun: saw Seabiscuit, went on a shopping spree (woohoo!), went to my school (bleh), and ate out bunches. It was good fun. Why am I hoping I'm not back? My boyfriend, who lives in St. Louis and works for United Airlines (I am in Atlanta) has been trying to come visit me for several days. He flies standby on his benefits and lately the flights have either been full or cancelled (due to weather in Chicago)...so I have been waiting since last Thursday for him to come visit. Yesterday was his birthday by the way...24 years old (and I mean old! haha).

Anyways...what have I been up to on the knitting front? Well, I've made a mouse for Wendy's mouse-a-thon. Here is what he looks like: . He is all sewn up and ready to be stuffed with catnip. Actually, I made 2, but one has mysteriously gone missing (ok, I confess, I gave it to my mom to take home to Napoleon...our Siamese). I am hoping to make several more mice...but I was shocked to find that catnip is quite expensive...$3 an ounce and it may take the whole ounce to stuff one! Ack! Anyone know of a cheaper place to get this stuff at? This chick is a student and does not have the big bucks for cat drugs.

Well, besides mice...I have been inspired (teehee). After falling in love with a cardigan which I bought at Macy's...I re-realized my love for tons and tons of random stripes which make a lovely pattern. I have always wondered how people do this...is it truly random or do they plan it? So I dug through my scrap heap and picked out a bunch of yarn which I then used to knit a scarf with stripe lengths determined by the roll of a die. I used off-white on every other stripe and inbetween that I alternated shades of blues and greens. Used up a small pile of my odds and ends. Used up even more when I made the tassels (next time I may forego the tassels...am still undecided). Since this is all in stockinette, I did it doubly wide then folded it over to make it doubly thick. Anyways...here is the pic...tell me what you think:

I am still planning on evening up the tassels and then washing it.....but so far I think I like the results. I am gonna try some more with lots of random colors and hope for less white in them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home