Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, August 11, 2003

C'est finit!
I finished the Birdhouse Afghan last night....yeah! There are 2 pics of it on my crochet page...altho I will post one here. Here it is:

Although I was cursing the edging last night, I really like the way it turned out. I always do like reverse single crochet edgings...they look so finished. It's more like a throw than an afghan...as it is pretty small. It is for my boyfriend's mom tho...who is pretty small herself...so all is good. At least noone will probably steal it from her. :)

2 out of 4 ain't bad...
After I finished that I got out my other afghan project...this one has been lingering for YEARS. It is a sampler afghan with 63 squares of different stitches in purple, blue, and grey heathers. I remembered this being horrible and ugly but when I got it out I was like "why the heck did I ever stop working on this?" I even stopped midsquare...I may have to rip that out and restart it as I have no idea what was going on in it. Well at least I am once again motivated to work on it. I am guessing it was too hot to work on (my mom loves turning the ac off in summer even when it's super hot) or that I just got interested in another project. Well I control the temp here so mwahahahah. And plus it's all done in small squares which helps a lot. Oh yeah...what's with my title? Well a couple weeks ago my boyfriend said he would buy me new yarn if I finished all the projects I had started (at that time). So far I am done with the baby cardigan and hat set and this afghan...only got my scarf and the other afghan to go. Although...last night I talked to him and told him I was working my little fingers to the bone and had blodshot eyes and all from working so feverently and he adjusted the workload somewhat...but I still do want to finish them all. I don't know what kind of yarn I am going to want to buy....hrmmmmmm.

BTW does anyone happen to know of a hat pattern (knit or crochet) which looks like one of those russian style hats (with the fur trim)? I have 2 skeins of lion brand woolease in white with the shimmery nylon flecks stuff...it's called white frost...which I wanted to use to make a hat like this. I can get more if it requires more. Although if I can't find one I may give up and make headbands...but I would really prefer the hat.

The tune of the day is:
Sitting alone on a cold bar stool
Your cold, hard eyes make me feel a fool.
Pastel-white features, high cheekbones,
Scarlet blooded lips, and deathly tones.
The girl of my nightmares,
Sultry and Corpse-like.
The girl of my nightmares.

-Pulp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home