Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I finished one of my WIP which has been sitting in my sidebar for awhile...my magic stripes socks! They took several several weeks, but are actually quite quick. I made the entire second sock starting Thursday night and ending Saturday night...and I didn't even work very hard on it. Speaking of not working hard, I spent last night at some friends' apartment playing poker with a bunch of ppl I didn't know (cept the 2 ppl who lived there). It was muchos fun...and I only lost about $1...hehehehe.

Well I am slowly chugging through my yarn stash. I think I am going to try to keep only one knitting and one crochet project going at a time. I am now down to one knitting project (except for the mouse-a-thon...that doesnt count) and am gonna start a crochet one tonight. I think I am gonna work up a sweater out of Wool-ease sport. Awhile ago I got a ton of woolease sport super cheap (less than $2 a ball). I think I wound up buying 4 balls of royal blue, 4 balls of turquoise, 4 balls of purple, 2 balls of yellow, and 2 balls of fuchsia. Well I used up the royal blue and yellow and am now going to attack the turquoise. I think the purple will be saved for a knit sweater for myself, depending on what patterns I find and if I feel up to knitting a sweater in sportweight yarn for my first huge handknit project. The fuchsia I have no idea and am open to suggestions (maybe a nice textured scarf). Well I am gonna go and try to get gauge now on this sweater...usually I don't bother but since yarn may be tight on this I will do a quick check. Pics of socks tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home