Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Jan 1, 1974

I don't know what happened on this day, or the days leading up to it...I wasn't born yet. But sometimes I find myself wondering. You see, I have this set of very old stationary that my Grandma probably got from a garage sale or thrift store. Or perhaps it was hers all along. It is a very pretty set of paper (4 different designs) wrapped with a satin ribbon with plain envelopes. The paper is beautiful, being embossed along the left edge, corner, and top and then shaded in sort of a watercolor fashion. Here is a picture:

The "delicate rose fragrance" which the box advertises has long since faded, now sharing its scent with old, cherished books. It is still quite lovely, nonetheless. When I got it, it seemed like a full set. I'm not sure it was ever used, except for the first piece of paper having Jan 1, 1974 written across the top.

I don't know who did this. I suppose I should have asked at the time, but it didn't occur to me. My Grandma has since passed away and i doubt I will ever find out. It's nice, though, to think that it is a moment frozen in time, when someone was about to reach out to someone else and share their life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home