Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Nihilistic Tifff

I think I would call today a bad day...altho it's tough to say. I had trouble falling asleep last night for some odd reason (I should have been exhausted after 2 straight days of nothing but Analysis problems)! When I woke up not only was I tired, but I soon developed a stomach bug. It has since been bothering me on and off all day...ugh. Some good things did happen...my Analysis prof told me that I did well on my homework (despite getting a 0 on one problem...apparently most people did), and a guy in the class asked to work on homework together. Fun fun. Howeverrrrrrrrrrr, everything agitates me. OK, not everything, but enough that I can just round up. Let me begin with last Fall...

Last Fall was my first semester at Georgia Tech and I signed up for more classes than normal (with the intention of dropping one...which I did). In addition it was my first time teaching, so I was quite the little busy bee. Which is why it took me awhile to notice the annoying guy in my Complex Analysis class. Actually there were 2 annoying guys...one is an undergrad who would try to ask all these questions to make himself seem smart...when the answers were all completely obvious anyways. Whatever. The other guy is fond of arguing with profs (they have Ph.D's...they probably know a thing or two) and even when he is not arguing the tone of his voice is so belligerent that it is insulting. Ugh...I was so glad when I was done with that class and thought I would never have to see him again. And since that semester I haven't really...except a few times in the hall. This semester so far has been V. busy for me...with my research and tough classes...and TODAY belligerent guy shows up in my analysis class. *UGH* Every time he doesnt understand something he asks a question...fine...I have no problem with that. But he does it in that tone that is like "NO! Of COURSE I don't understand because YOU didn't explain it well!" I just want to smack him. The sad thing is I like Analysis...probably my fave course this semester...so I was sad to see it ruined and thought this might make it take a back seat to Algebra. But alas, that won't happen! And why not? Belligerent guy showed up today in that class as well.

Of course that's not the only source of my annoyance today. In Algebra I normally sit in a row that is all the way to the side. Last class he had mentioned that he wanted to use the side chalkboards and everyone should gravitate towards the middle. So that's just what I did, being the diligent person I am (or something). Of *course* noone else did, so it was all in vain. That was a tiny annoyance. What made it worse was the guy I was sitting behind. First he was moving his head all around so that I had to keep moving my head around to see around it. Ok, maybe he can't help it, whatever. Then he starts making this sniffling noise...ok...maybe he is sick. But then when he sniffles he does that thing where he sniffles hard and it makes a hacking noise...ewwwwwwwwww. And he did this ALL through class. I wanted to grab him and say "go blow your damn nose!" Was that all he did? Of course not. About halfway through class he apparently decided he was tired or antsy and decided to stretch. He throws his arms up, moves them all around, leans back so he almost knocks into me...just acts like the nuisance he is. At this point the little homicidal devil on my shoulder was calling to me..."Stick your pen into his neck...you know you want to...you know he deserves it". I'm sad yet proud to report that I refrained from assault. It did take all my conviction to do so. There was none left to resist buying yarn...hehehe

On my way home I stopped at joann and bought the yarn for the Russian Hat I posted a few days ago. I bought the bouclé in shades of blue and green and blue fun fur. This will be my first time working with both of these yarns, it will be interesting to see what happens. Now I just need to buy the pattern and find time to knit it up. If I like the result I may make an all-white version...using my White Frost Wool-ease instead of Boucle and perhaps held together with the fur...will have to see how the pattern goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home