Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Warning: Contains mostly non-crafting babbling

I guess I've been absent for a few days. Well, Tuesday night my boyfriend was finally able to fly in. He got in late (we got back to the airport at about 12:30). Wednesday we got to go out to eat, and we also hit Joann's, Michael's, and Garden Ridge in Kennesaw. I didn't get anything at Joann's (eep!), I got a fringe tool at Michael's (our main purpose there was to get carveable pumpkins...which, btw, are a MAJOR pain), and I got nothing at Garden Ridge. I hadn't been to Garden Ridge since before I moved here, and at that time I wasn't such a yarn junkie, so I didn't know what they carried. Their yarn section was terrible! It consisted of a few different colors of caron one pound, and some caron fascination. I really think that's all there was. I have more yarn than they do (if not quantity, then definitely variety). Needless to say, I won't be back there. We also got some fake lights for our pumpkins, once we get them carved. We didn't finish them this visit, but he is sposed to be back for halloween. Wednesday night we got back early and planned to watch the Matrix Reloaded. Him and I both loved the original and had planned to see it together. We missed it in the theatre because he wasn't able to visit while it was showing. But.........I hate it. I fell asleep about 45 mins into it. What a mistake.

Thursday we got up early and went to the bank and the video store before school. We now have a joint account so in about 30 days I will enjoy the same flight benefits that he gets, yay! (He works for United airlines.) We rented Anger Management and Boat Trip, tho he only saw the former. SPOILER ALERT: Anger management was like a mini version of "The Game". It was alright tho. Boat Trip was funny, but not as much as I'd expected.

Friday we had to wake up at 3:30am to get his butt back to st louis! Poor us! He got in around 10am his time so he had his entire day left. What did he do with it? He decided to go in to work even tho he had it off! Awwww, he's such a hard worker, hehehe.

Last night on my way home I made my (probably last) stop at the going out of business Joann's. I got about 8 skeins of Lily Sugar n Cream (super sized) and 10 balls in 5 different colors of bernat boa.....all 60% off. I also got these neat markers for candles, less than $1 for 2, and refill fabric for my Brother Appliquestation (60% off!). Then when I got home I had a skein of Magic Stripes from Janine waiting in the mail! yay!

October is going to be my last month for buying yarn. Exceptions will be: if I sell something I made or if I specifically need a certain yarn for a project for a present. Make sure I obey!

A question...if anyone made it this far

Do you buy yarn by project or by fancy? Do you just buy it cause you like it, or do you specifically set out with a pattern? I am more the latter, I buy it when I'm in love or when it's on sale and then later I try to match up my yarn to patterns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home