Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, November 03, 2003

I finally got back to some knitting Saturday. I finished up the back of the kids homespun sweater (meaning I decided it was done and tossed it into my knitting bag, still attached to the skein and all) and worked about 1/3 of the front. Then I decided I was sick of fighting the homespun and started on the football hats my dad requested. I finished the Browns one yesterday and am still on the ribbing on the Vikings one. Here's a look:

It's a quick project (despite the ribbing) on size 7 needles with worsted weight. I made it a generous 100 stitches around (large size) cause I figured better big than tight. Besides, the 30 rows of ribbing should keep it snug. I am using various scraps from the Acrylic Bag O Doom....random partial skeins I balled up. It's nice that I am getting rid of some of this AND doing something nice with it. My dad stated he didn't care about the yarn so why go out and buy new stuff, right? I got to try out some new techniques on this, fair isle (at the top for the zig zag look...I stranded over a max. of 5 stitches and it worked out GREAT) and duplicate stitching (which came out nice although it was tedious). Viking hat shouldn't be too long, depending on my school workload, which should lighten a bit after Wednesday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home