Tifffany's Ramblings

Thursday, November 06, 2003

I thought I would be getting some yarn in the mail today, but no such luck, boooo. Oh well. I have finished the front and back of the homespun sweater, joined at the shoulders, and started on the hood. I am quite worried that I am going to run out of yarn. The pattern calls for 2 skeins, and I am working to gauge, but I think I will have only a little over half a skein to knit both sleeves, ackk. The Viking hat is done btw and is marinating in the washer with the Browns hat and my jeans...pics when I decide the soaking is done.....altho I had hoped to finish the homespun sweater and throw it in with them, we will see.

I am working on getting my xmas stocking fix in. I am looking for a nice 2 color fair isle design that I can work in the round. I haven't found anything else but am still looking. All the kits I've seen are either ugly or super expensive ($60 for a wall ornament, come on! I don't need super nice wool for this, I'm not even felting it). My plans were to use cheap acrylic yarn I'd already purchased for durability. If I don't find something soon, I may have to try my hand at designing it myself, eek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home