Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

I've been really busy lately, but not too busy to knit! That's not completely true...I had a lot of work to do but it was the type of work that required me to use the internet, and of course my internet wasn't working. So rather than sit and make no progress I gave up for that time and knit these instead:

The bath mitt pattern came off a sugar and cream label. If I made this again I would adapt it to be knit in the round since seams are way too noticeable with variagated yarn. Then I had quite a bit of yarn left over from the (3 oz) skein so I fashioned a matching washcloth...with lots of texture for good scrubbing. I got the stitch pattern out of my Knitting dictionary....useful already!!! The little packets at the bottom are patties of oatmeal soap, which I made according to the recipe here. They came out alright, I ended up switching to a styrofoam cup as a mold cause I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the soap out of my ceramic coffee mug. It made a big mess, but a very clean mess since it's soap. It would be a lot more sensible to make lots of these than to set up shop just for 1 bar, as I did. Also next time I def will have to use scent, I forgot how much I hate the smell of just soap, ack! Besides that, I have tons of work to do as I wait for my yarn order to come in so I can finish the sweater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home