Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Just a mini-update, since it's been a few days since I posted. Monday I finished knitting the Booga Bag...here is a picture of it prefelted:

Obviously, I didn't use Kureyon, but opted for some yarn I got off e-bay at an exceptional price. It is sockweight, so I double stranded it. It felted really wonderfully, in one cycle it felted to the size I wanted (perhaps even a tiny bit smaller), and it was really soft to work with while knitting, much softer than the noro. I may have to buy some more yarn from this guy, I know I said I wouldn't, but it might end up as a last minute gift and it takes 2 weeks for the yarn to arrive...hmmmmm. Also I wouldn't mind making a bigger version for myself. Anyways no pictures of the finished bag yet as I am waiting on some grommets to install for the handles. I had previously bought eyelets (what was I thinking? Well they kind of look like grommets) and I am guessing that is because I couldn't find any grommets. I went looking last night still to no avail, so I am getting them off ebay. No biggie. So it will be several days before you see the finished pic.

No other knitting going on, just lots of work. I worked on my research last night and proved 2 (related) theorems! Yay! I hope my advisor is happy/proud/content. He mentioned last time that I really need to get something presentable, even tho I had a proof that time as well, and this one I hope is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home