Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

This isn't really new, the Booga Bag was knit and delted early last week. But I had ordered grommets and now they're installed so I finally have a FO with pictures.First, the obligatory before and after show to show shrinkage:
The pillowcase really gives an idea of how much this baby shrunk, and in just one wash cycle.

I didn't like how bulky the knot was (including how much of the handles were used) with just tying both pieces in an overhand knot at the sides. That was not going to happen. So Instead I came up with a compromise. I tied one piece into an overhand knot and sort of shoved the end of the other piece through the loop. Voila, must smaller...and tying it really tight I think will hold it just fine. On the other side I of course used the other (now longer) strap to tie the knot and shoved the other (shorter) strap through the loop. I might put a few stitches in the knot just to reinforce it.

Here's a second shot:

The lighting wasn't good for pics today, for some reason, even tho it's sunny outside. I did my best with the editing tools tho. Besides that I haven't been knitting at all since a little bit Saturday morning. With this week being shortened, and next week being dead week (week before finals), my professors are having everything due by Wednesday. It's been hell on me but the bright side is that I shouldn't have that much work to do over break, I'll just continue on with my research really. Actually, I shouldn't even be writing this as I have homework this am that I need to do some more work on...so more knitting progress and updates once the vacation has begun. Knit on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home