Tifffany's Ramblings

Friday, November 07, 2003

What a nightmare. The old cliché "when it rains it pours" certainly came true today. After class I drove all around looking for the yarn I needed. I didn't really expect to find it, but I had hoped. I went to my local Michael's...have I said how much I hate this store? They didn't have the yarn OR an acceptable size 4 circular needle OR anything else that was at all interesting. I had driven all the way there and had a coupon so I was going to find something to buy, dammit. I settled on a stitch dictionary, which I figure will come in handy. I also looked at Walmart for the yarn, to no avail. So I settled on ordering it from Smiley's, along with a bunch of other yarn to meet the $30 minimum.

Now for the really crappy part...I completely ruined both the Browns and Vikings hats. How? By washing them. The soaking overrelaxed the fibers and both hats grew to such an enormous size. I tried rewashing them with just detergent but this just made them huge and scratchy. I think they are junked. *sigh* I don't have time to reknit xmas gifts and I don't need the added stress. I think I should just not touch any knitting for awhile, lest it turn to crap. I worked a bit on the felted slippers, I figure perhaps maybe even I can't screw that up.

To add to the dismalness of my day and perhaps cause some laughs, another evil incident that happened involved bananas. No I didn't slip and fall on peels or anything. I had 4 bananas in a bag that started turning brown to early to eat, so I decided to save them and make banana bread. I thought they should have been brown and ready by now, but they really weren't. So I figured maybe the bag was slowing down the process, and decided to remove them. No sooner did I grab them by the top and take them out of the bag than all the peels broke apart and all the bananas fell to the ground. And since they WERE in fact mush (the peels just didn't brown) they landed with a nice splat and made a huge mess. Ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home