Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, December 20, 2003

I made it to Cleveland.........after much stress and rushing. My flight wasn't scheduled to depart until 4:16pm but I got to the airport around 11:30am because it was exodus day for the military. I figured that I could sit in the terminal and knit to kill time anyways. However, I didn't get to bring my knitting needles on, boohoo. I asked the guys by the ticketing counter if they would be allowed through and he said normally they would be okay but they were at heightened security so they weren't...so in they went with my checked bags. Then the guy ws telling me that since I was already checked in I shoul dhave some sort of paperwork and he didn't see how I could fly without it, grrrrrrrrrrrr. But finally he took me to someone who knew what they were doing who gave me everything necessary and asked if I wanted to standby for an earlier flight...since I only had a half hour to make my connection in Chicago I said YES that would be great. Anyways, the 12:45 I stood by for didn't board until about 2:00pm (I made it on) and didn't leave til 40 mins or so after that. I was already feeling sick by then. I made it to Chicago at 4:45 (est) and checked my msgs and my darling boyfriend had left me a msg saying he had booked me on the NEXT flight out (which was at 5:08 and in a different terminal). I hustled my butt over only to find out they had given my seat away, but I made it on anyways luckily. Anyways, to make a long story even longer, I got in about 6:30...2 hours before schedule...altho my bags weren't there (they didn't get in til 10:30 or later...which was the flight I was supposed to be on).

On the way home we almost had a major accident when a car skidded out in front of us, did several complete revolutions, and ended up backwards by the emergency lane, phew. My luggage didn't arrive yesterday, so I slept in my clothes, bleh.......then we woke up early this morning and did some shopping (still in the same clothes, ewwwwwwwwww). Notice: I still don't have knitting needles! Eeeks! Luckily my clothes (and other stuff) arrived a bit after I got home from shopping, so after making haystacks and rolling the balls for buckeyes I was able to shower and change, wooooooo. Then I finished up the buckeyes and went to my cousin's basketball games...then my aunts came over and visited. Long day, and I need to rest up for the Orchestra tomorrow afternoon (YAY!).......no knitting pics or news but I hope my pseudo-excitement was entertaining enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home