Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

I've been sick with some sort of sinus problems that has been keeping me from sleeping very much. So, yesterday morning I got up and went to Walmart early hoping that their Tire & Lube center wouldn't be busy. I was wrong. So, sitting there for 3 hours I bought a ball of yarn and some needles and started on a scarf (what else was I going to do). It was a boring seed stitch homespun scarf that I ripped the minute I got home (heh). I then started a multidirectional with it, ripped, and decided to hold it with some Cha Cha. Almost done with the ball of Cha Cha, I decided to make it into a slit scarf. No problem, I could have adapted, but I decided it MUST have pointy ends. So rip out the entire scarf and restart is what I did. Anyways, after all that, I have this to show for it:

I'm gonna give this to my mom for x-mas as well....I'm calling it the Vegas Slit Scarf, teehee. It's not too long, but the slit keeps it snugly around your neck, and it's so soft and comfy.

Ok, now for something much more boring. I finished the Vikings hat for my dad:

This time I knit the letters in instead of duplicate stitching them after the hat was done. Why did I do this? For two reasons. First, it made the yellow show through less on the front. I also knotted the ends and cut them close so that weaving didn't make the yellow show through much either. Also, it was a heck of a lot faster. Anyways, it's done, and I am happy for that. Now back to my socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home