Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Lots of new stuff to show! Ok it's not exactly new but it is newly completed. First what do you get when you take a bag you've already knit, a patch you've already embroidered, and 5 minutes with your sewing machine? This:

This little bag is holding the owl sweater and is for my cousin's baby!

Next up is a set of little train ornaments I made for my Papaw. He worked for Conrail railroad for many many many years and now he collects train memorabilia. Last year I made him a nice big X-stitch of a train. I cut the mat myself, even. So here are the little ornaments that I worked up yesterday:


Finally, 2 hotpads that I am working on. In total, there are 17 of these babies. Some have stockings, some have trees, most are green, but 1 is red. They were a many many stepped process. First I had to cut all the felt pieces, then iron on double sided adhesive to a fat quarter, trace the shapes, cut them out, iron them into the felt, zigzag around the shapes, then zigzag around 3 sides of the felt (with 2 pieces held together). I had all this done many months ago. All I had left to do was stuff these with cinnamon sticks and cloves and zigzag the last side together, so that when they were used as a pot rest they would fill the kitchen with yummy smells. Unfortunately I ordered the cloves too late so now I have been sewing velcro inside the hotpads and then sewing the fourth side closed most of the way. At least now the stuff can be removed when the scent wears off and fresh stuff put in. I just wish I had an operative printer so that I could print out little tags to go with this. Anyways, here are 2 of them, most of the others look the same:


Now I'm busy reworking a Vikings Hat for my Dad, with newer yarn. The colors are much more muted, but I think that will go well with the jacket he has (I haven't seen the jacket, but I imagine it's not in neon-like colors). Hopefully I can finish that today before the Survivor finale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home