Tifffany's Ramblings

Friday, December 26, 2003

Whew! It was a really great (but busy) Christmas around here. After going to my Grandma's on Tuesday, I spent Wednesday morning relaxing (erm, being sick is more like it), Wednesday night at my Aunt's on my Mom's side, Thursday morning with my mom at her home and on the phone, and Thursday afternoon/evening at my Aunt's on my Dad's side. Lots of good food, good fun, and great company. A lot of my relatives on my Dad's side I only get to see at Christmas now that I am so far from here.

My cousins absolutely adored the sweaters and such that I made for their babies, and everyone loved their hotpads and beaded ornaments. On my boyfriend's side, his family all loved the various gifts I made or bought for them too, so yay. Oh yeah, and I got some presents too.

From my mom I got 5 things off my Amazon wishlist, and a pair of pajamas (and various little things in my stocking). My boyfriend got a portable DVD player from his parents so now when I visit him and we drive down to his parents' farm I can watch movies on the way, yay. At my Aunt's on my Mom's side I got a subscription to Crafting Traditions (which I knew about and asked for), an Amazon.com gift certificate (which I got in my email a couple days ago), a Trading Spaces book, pajamas, and a lightbox (and various small xmas things). At my Aunt's on my Dad's side I got mostly money or gift certificates, some various Christmas things, and stuff like wine, lotions & shower gel, picture frames, etc.

Today I am working on my Booga Bag and then later on I am going out shopping. I am using color 87 for my bag which I've had forever. I was going to do it per instructions, but for some reason the handles weren't working out right (I was afraid to pull the Kureyon too much as it breaks) and I didn't have my Magicord maker here. So instead I am using all 3 balls on the body (cast on 40, work 40 rows in garter, and pick up 20/40/20 stitches) and go til I run out of yarn. Then I think I am going to buy a solid color for handles, a pocket, and maybe a flap across the top and get some fleece to line it and make a pocket on the inside. That should all be fun :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home