Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Accordian

Things are going well on Accordian...I finished the back and 2 fronts and seamed them at the shoulders. I hate seaming so instead of sewing I joined them with a crochet hook by slip stitching. For some reason this comes out much better for me than if I had sewn it. It's a somewhat bulky seam tho so I probably won't use it anywhere else on the sweater. Anyways, I did something smart for once. I was going to block the pieces before I sewed them but the mystery dark blue yarn is of unknown fiber content and has a thread running through it that I was suspicious of. So, I tested a small piece of this yarn with my iron and, yup, the strange thread melted. Which means I DIDN'T make a huge mistake and ruin my sweater...for once...wheeeeeeeee. So I will just not block and hope the ribbing stretches out after wearing it for awhile (hey it works with socks, hehe).

Other than that I've been feeling very blah lately for several reasons and hence not very chatty. I do need to start thinking of my next project tho, hmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home