Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, January 26, 2004

A Snark and a Review

The Snark
I only have one issue of Interweave Knits, but I really love it. So, I decided to surf their site and I found this shoe gallery. Here is an example of what was on it:



Of course, there was lots of other equal atrocious concoctions but this one stood out at me. Why? Has anyone out there seen Creepshow? Well, if you haven't, it is an old movie that is made up of vignettes of horror stories. There is this one, where a meteor falls into a man's yard and then his entire house and body begins to grow plant life, until he is eventually completely covered and killed by it. I think this chick stepped into some meteor debris with these boots, she better take them off before it's too late!

The Review
After Christmas, I used my gift certificates to buy, in part, The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman. This is a precious little gem of a book, and under $18! The name is not quote right tho, it's not just about finishing techniques. It instructs on all the different methods of casting on, seaming, buttonholes, zippers, etc. It should be called "The Knitters Book of Knitting Techniques". I bought this just for the finishing technique portion. Seaming has always been my least favorite part of a project, in part because I am (was) so lousy at it. But I used the book to seam up Accordian and it came out so great...it was worth the book just to not ruin one sweater. Also, there are fantastic pictures that really illustrate the point and a little section of advantages and disadvantages of each method. She also gives little tips about certain methods that one would learn by trial and error...so now you can cut out the error. I strongly recommend anyone who doesn't already know everything about knitting methods to buy this book. Oh yeah, another great part, It is actually spiral bound and then afterwards this is covered. So it looks like a regular book, but it STAYS OPEN! Finally, someone has a brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home