Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, February 01, 2004

I finished Accordian this morning! Yup, I got up early and drove quite a ways to the store, got a new zipper and some other things, and sewed it in. I've taken a new pic and replaced the old one...scroll down or see it here. I used a short zipper compared to what some might use because I hate things up around my neck. It is JUST long enough that I COULD go shirtless under it if I wanted, but I probably won't. I'm really happy with the zipper, it matches exactly and zips up really easily. I sewed it in as best I could. I've decided that zippers in sweaters never lay well (I have a zippered cardigan from Macy's that I love but that has weird bumps in it when it zips up) so I probably won't be making anymore. Not until I forget this fact anyways...so I will stick to pullovers and buttoned cardigans.

Speaking of buttons, there's another thing I got at the store, buttons for Sonnet. I couldn't find anything in purple that matched enough and didn't look cheesy, so I got these brushed nickel ones instead. They have a really pretty floral motif carved into them, and some cutouts so the color will show through. They seem lightweight enough that they won't pull the band down too much, a worry since I'm using sportweight yarn and it's so light. I also got a size 2 circular (finally found one...for socks...yay!) and the winter Vogue Knitting International (is this just the same thing as vogue knitting?). In any case I'm a happy camper.

I stayed up very late working on homework last night, so I have today free to lounge around and knit, and maybe nap since I didn't get very much last night. Eventually, a big orders from Herrschner's will be coming for me (I got enough yarn for 3 sweaters, wow) and I'll be tempted away from Sonnet....hopefully I won't stray off course. Besides that, waiting on the new Survivor All Stars which premieres tonight after the bowl, yays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home