Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, March 07, 2004

I finished this cute little baby sweater last night:



It's for my cousin who I just found out is pregnant (again). She's not due til August, but I couldn't resist. I don't know yet whether it will be a girl or a boy, but I think the sweater will work either way. I used Red Heart Grandé, which I had originally bought for slippers. It's cheap stuff, but has a much better feel than the normal Red Heart Yarn. I used this pattern, but made slight adjustments since I was using a bulkier yarn and larger (size 11) needles. I just multiplied each number by 2.7 (my number of stitches per inch) / 3.5 (their number of stitches per inch) and rounded off appropriately. And with using the larger needles and that, this only took 2 balls (208 yards) of yarn...which is exactly what I had, wheeeeee.

Also, I've been making scrap blankets for the upcoming drive. I've got 5 finished, and am working on finishing my crocheted afghan before I do more, so that I can see how much yarn I have left of what colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home