Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, May 29, 2004

I realized yesterday that it was only 10 days til my mom's bday...with 2 sundays and a holiday inbetween, so I needed to get her pressie done. And get it done I did. I finally attached the bamboo handles to a denim bag I made from old jeans. Here is the finished product:



To affix the handles, I bought those ring things that come in the stationary section and put them through the holes then filled the rest of the hole with glue as best I could. Then I made little strappy flap things out of more denim and put that through the circle and attached it to the bag. I love the finished product and want to keep it...but I won't. The patches I put on the front and back match patches I put on a pair of denim skorts she had gotten some bleach spots on and had brought for me to fix last summer. So they will match with her new bag. And what else will match with it? The sigma tank which is hanging out inside the bag. The patches have purple and white...and the tank is white. Also included in her gift is a pair of flip flops (in pink with a Hawaiian print on the inside sole...I couldn't find cute purpley ones).

I also finished another set of cards for my sale page. Here are the Sparkly Mosaic Cards

I've been hit with the organization bug about an hour ago, so I pulled out all the items for sale from my craft closet and put them in a rubbermaid tub in my bedroom closet. All in one place and easy access, yay. I also got all the gift stuff that is going out this month (June is a big gift month for me, plus other stuff is going on that requires presents) out and somewhat ready for mailing. I've also been doing some crocheting, some to use up yarn and some work on the yo-yo afghan that will hopefully be ready this Christmas. I have a couple other afghans I want to make by then too, but out of homespun and not as huge as the one I made for Vance, so it shouldn't be too bad.

My cousin is moving from Chicago to Florida (this weekend) and tonight he will be spending the night in my town so we are going out for dinner in a bit. And then a week from Monday Vance comes back for my birthday and our 6 year anniversary...yay for visitors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home