Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Definitely time for an update, and a fun one too. Since it's a holiday I had fun today. First some pics of some recently finished projects. First off, a lousy pic of my wine charms, all packaged and ready to gift out. The pics are always blurry for these cause of how much the beads reflect the light. I used Japanese "E" beads for the grapes and some Czech beads for the leaves which I had to order. Here they are, displayed on some of my handmade paper and sporting a fruity sticker (I couldn't find sheets of wine stickers)



Since I had some stickers left over from this, I made a card set around them. And it ends up I really really like this set. Here it is


And I also finished up some of these chocolate themed cards, which I had started quite awhile ago. Here those are



Now for the fun time I had today. I woke up this morning and called around to car dealerships to see when I could get my car serviced, but it seems everyone here has to take everyday around a holiday off, so they won't be open til Tuesday. So off I headed to Kennesaw with 40% off coupons to both Michael's and Joann's. I didn't really need anything at Michael's and was only going for the coupon and because there is a better Michael's up in Kennesaw. At Joann's I had a short list of things I planned to get. Oh, but how easily plans are thwarted. That's what happens when clearance prices jump at me from all angles. The asterisk (*) denotes items that were actually on my list. Here is my haul.

Michael's:

Pasta Machine for Polymer Clay* (with my coupon!)
4 skeins Bernat Coordinates in Peach
1 skein Bernat Coordinates in Aqua Lime
2 skeins TLC in linen*
2 skeins Jamie in Lavender
2 skeins Jamie in White
2 skeins Jamie in Aqua
1 skein Red Heart Hokey Pokey in Tangerine
1 skein Red Heart Hokey Pokey in Spearmint
4 skeins Caron Dazzleaire in Sky Blue

Total Cost: ~$35

Joann's:

1 piece white poster board*
2 pack of photo albums with slide in sheets*
6 packs of wooden letters*
1 skein Homespun in Arcadian*
2 skeins Woolease T&Q in Wood
1 skein Woolease T&Q in plum

Total Cost: ~$20

Not bad, I think. All the things I bought that weren't on my list were clearanced quite a bit. How can I pass up Woolease T&Q at 2.80 a skein! (30% off the clearance prices at Joann's for the weekend! whee!) I did put back a piece of decorator fabric which would have made nice new shears for the bedroom after I move, I kinda regret that. It was only like $4 too, drats. Once I came home I did my project with the photo album (pics tomorrow if it's nice out), worked on the Homespun afghan, and started a scarf with the TLC which is intended to be a thank you present for my research advisor.

On a slightly sad note, I am almost through with the book I am reading (I will surely be done tonight) and I don't have the next one in the series yet. I thought I had time but I read too much the last couple of days, drats! I do have another book I can read while I wait for it to arrive tho, Saint Morrissey, whee! Interesting, I just read the blurb about The Smiths: Songs That Saved Your Life which I noticed while getting the link for the other book, and they called The Smiths glam-rock icons. Not a comment I would have made, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home