Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I'm back from my little trip! The flights weren't too bad...I had first class on 3/4 of them (the last one was an express flight so there were no first class sears). On both flights there (Atlanta-Denver and Denver-St Louis) I curled up under a blanket with my pillow comfortably nestled behind my back, headphones on to listen to flight music, and knitted away while occasionally glancing out the window to gaze at the clouds passing by. It was a very relaxing way to spend a Saturday morning. I finished the scarf on the second flight there, yay.

During the trip we looked at several apartments, and finally settled on one at Remington in St. Charles. If you care to click through, we will be living in The Dover style floorplan. And I was accepted today too, so we are definitely moving in on July 30! The building we are in is on the corner of the property and we have a corner apartment (only one person next to us, one person behind us, and one below us) with a woodburning fireplace. It seemed nice and quiet when we walked by that building. And I FINALLY get a garbage disposal, whee! The apt already has a washer and dryer, so I will have to try and sell mine, I guess. It has a nice sized storage closet off the patio too. Also the apartment complex is located only 15 mins from the airport, and less than a mile from Joann's, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby. And super close to the movie theatre (where I've been informed that I will never have to pay for a movie again due to the fact that Vance's friend runs the projection booth there).

In related news, this apartment complex uses Charter for cable, which means that after a short break my site will probably be back up in the same place. Now I've just got to get a moving truck reserved, obtain boxes and pack, finish up some final things on writing and scheduling the defense of my thesis, and call all my utilities to schedule them to be shut off. The list has an end in sight (maybe).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home