Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Felted Bag & Handle Woes

It's time to post WIP pics of the felted bag I am working on as a Xmas pressie. First, the before felting pic.



Post felting...



I really like the way it's turning out. I used the Sophie Bag for inspiration, but varied the width and length of everything (as well as how often I decreased). Basically I just glanced at the directions then knit by the seat of my pants. This bag took exactly 3 balls of Lion Brand's Landscape yarn...which is a 50/50 acrylic/wool blend. It did felt well since it is a wool strand wrapped around an acrylic core (and not totally blended). It's got a really interesting texture.

I beaded some silver handles to go along with it...but I'm not sure how I should/want to attach them. Here they are:



Any suggestions??

My friends are coming over in a few hours...so I had better finish getting ready. I think I am gonna make some fruit salad in addition to the brownies I baked this morning, mmmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home