Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Double the FO's...Double the Fun!

I've got 2 FO's to show off here. The sweater will be shown in a later post as it is washing right now. First, the scrappy poncho. This will be for Vance's niece for Xmas. I am a little worried that it will hang too long on her, but Vance thinks it will be ok so I guess I am just going to go with it. I used lots of leftover bits and pieces of homespun (including some from my sweater), some leftover Bernat Bouclé, one new ball of Bernat Ping Pong, and partial balls of Patons Cha Cha and Lion Brand Fun Fur. I knit 2 rectangles in garter, sewed them together, then did some crocheting at the top to make the neck less wide. Here it is:



I have gone through many stages of like and dislike with this...but now that I see the whole thing (in the picture), I think I like it a lot.

Next up are Vance's secret Xmas socks. I knit these from 1 ball of Woolease Worsted in blue and some leftover Woolease sport (held doubled) in Blueberry Twist (leftover from his other socks) for the toe, heel, and cuff edge. I am so glad to be done with these, since I had to knit them only while Vance was at work. Here they are:



Now I think I am going to start an afghan for his brother in law for Xmas out of some red heart yarn I have (I am trying to clear as much as possible out). I am planning on using this pattern: Rectangular Granny Square Afghan. Now I must get back to my cake, which is almost done baking! Have a fun Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home