Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Picture Day

I'm feeling alright (not great, but not too horrible) today so far so I was able to take some pics. First off, the felted bag. I finally decided to just sew the handles to the bag with some yarn that matched. Here she is:



And a closeup of the top region and pretty silver button:



The reason for the button is that I put a magnetic closure on the purse and then cut the shank off two matching silver buttons and glued them on the outside of the closure to hide it. I really like the way this looks. The buttons are from a tub that I bought for a few dollars from walmart...that thing was a goldmine. As long as I'm using them for craftier purposes rather than on actual sweaters where I need a lot, they work well. I've used them on purses, bags, cards, and I even used one on a sweater once (where I only needed one). Total score!

Next up is the granny square tote I crocheted for Vance's mom. I ended up needing another skein of yarn for this...so it took 3 skeins of 1 color and 1 skein each of 3 other colors...not bad. It's very sturdy and a good size...here she is:



The brown portion is actually crocheted twice as long then folded over to form pockets on the inside. The pocket that goes the width of the bag was too wide and short, which made it too floppy, so I put some buttons on to tack it in place (buttons again from that tub, whee!). Here is what the inside looks like:



I really like the way it turned out and I hope she will do. She paints a lot so maybe she can use it to carry that stuff around...the pockets are perfect for small things like paintbrushes (and there's 10 pockets, wow).

Last, but not least, I finished the back (or front, they're the same) of the mistake rib pullover I am knitting from Lion Homespun in 3 shades of purple. I like how it looks better outside than inside, yay. Here it is:



I can't wait to wear this baby! I think it may be kinda short (not too cropped, but waist length) and it will be form fitting, so I hope it looks good on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home