Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Wooo, the green Raglan sweater for my stepfather is washing as we speak. I just finished knitting and seaming it and threw it in to wash/dry it so it would soften up some. I really love the color and style...so if he doesn't like it I will just steal it from him, bwahaha. Of course it is a bit too long for me...

I've already got a tag ready to go for it too! Oftentimes I procrastinate on that bit. Almost always when I am giving a handknit gift I take one ballband, cut the care instructions off, tape them to an index card, punch a hole in the card, and use a contrasting color thread/yarn to tie it to the gift. (Contrasting color so that when they cut it off they don't cut the fabric...but not a color that will "bleed" onto the gift.) I don't do this when the gift is something that can be taken care of any way desired (i.e. acrylic worsted weight afghans). That way, hopefully, people will take care of their gift which took me so long to make...and also realize right away that it was handmade for them. :)

Hopefully my joann.com order will come in the mail soon so I can finish up the felted bag. I ordered some more magnetic closures since they had a $10 off of any $10 min purchase...i spend about $10.40 and so with shipping my total came to $5.35...whee! Pics of the sweater probably tomorrow and of the bag soon, hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home