Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

My wool from elann and magazine came yesterday! I immediately finished up what I was working on and cast on for the market squares bag, yippee. I switched out some of the colors I had chosen, and now I have 3 colors left over...so I ordered another 4 balls of one color to go with them and make another, hee! I will be using one color twice in it, so it will be dominantly light with a few bright colors.

Also, yesterday I picked up a few things from HL after work, some beads at half price and a purse (also at half price) that looks like a stuffed giraffe for my cousin's youngest child. Yay one more xmas pressie down.

Now, time for some FO's. First up is a scarf I made with 3 skeins of Sensations Willow yarn in Aqua Willow and some leftover fun fur from one of the scarves in the trio. Here it is:



The material is really spongy, soft, and shimmery...I really like it.

Then I used the leftovers of the black boa I had from the Knitty Oblivion eyemask pattern with some cheapo yarn I got from Walmart to create this slip scarf:



The walmart yarn is "Bright & Lofty" in the color licorice...it actually has a nice feel and promises to be warm. I crocheted this and worked up the design as I went along, making sure to use up every bit of boa.

Finally, a white boa made from Bernat Bouclé, as most of the boas I made are:



Vance said "Wow that is a big boa!" to this. When I said "you mean full?", he said "Yeah, full"...hee!

In other news, Vance is in Chicago for the day taking a test, but should be back tonight in time to watch The Amazing Race series premiere. In his absence, I FINALLY figured out how to get new ringtones for my phone, by downloading midis, downloading a program to trim midis, trimming them, then installing the bluetooth, sending the files to my phone, and finally selecting them as the rings. I now have the Indiana Jones theme ringing when Vance calls, the Back to the Future theme when my stepfather calls, and the Tales from the Crypt theme when my mom calls, yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home