Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Yesterday I went to work at 9am...but I wasn't feeling well so a little after 1 (during lunch), my manager sent me home. We weren't that busy anyways. After laying down for a bit, I felt momentarily better so I went out to Joann's and got the Vogue Knitting Accessories book (half off), some Woolease yarn in cranberry, some plastic storage tubs (half off), and some foam stickers (40% off). Then I proceeded to make this hat, from the book with some modifications:



Though I'm not good at fair isle, it still turned out pretty well. The way I was "taught" was to always bring the new yarn up from under the old one to prevent gaps...which works but twists the yarns so much that I have to stop and untwist them every so often, ugh. The hat is for my bro for xmas. I'm now done with making xmas pressies (I still have some to buy for Vance too).

This morning I went back to Joann and got The Ultimate Book of Crochet for Baby (half off) and a coffee cup with grater and cinnamon sticks and coffee set for Vance's dad (half off). I was going to get him these glass photo coasters, but when I took them out of the box they looked poorly made so I passed. Then I sewed the handles to my market squares bag, see:



Now I am back to working on Vance's sweater...with the back done and about 1/3 of the front. I have to work in a bit (noon - close) and am feeling so-so, so we'll see how the day goes.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Whenever I get down to this stuff, that's it - all over Red Rover. In your opinion, Tifffany, what would actually be the most important point?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home