Tifffany's Ramblings

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Mail Call

Mail went out today for Bron, Marie, and LoriO! Hope you guys get it in a few days and let me know if everything arrives safe and sound. I also hauled 3 other packages for other friends...so it was a hefty mailing day. Anyone else who was interested either needs to send me their addy or their color choices and then that will be in the next haul.

In other news, I got a magazine from Family Circle yesterday (not knitting, just regular) which said I had a subscription til April. I KNOW I didn't sign up for it, so I was quite perplexed...that is until I saw the note inside. It said my other mag, Crafting Traditions, had ceased being published and instead they were just gonna send Family Circle til my subscription runs out. What bunk! I'm really gonna miss that mag tho.

I also have several small FO's to report that I have worked on the past few days...

First up, a hat made out of Joann's Sensation's Angel Hair yarn:



For this I just cast on 68 stitches on size 10.5 needles, worked in K2P2 ribbing until I ran out of yarn, gathered the rest of the stitches and hid the ends. It was really a test specimen.

Next up, a bag I made out of Sugar 'n Cream cotton. I had 2 3oz balls of variagated and 1 4oz ball of solid so I made this:



and still had enough yarn left for this:



Not bad...I think the bath mitt and washcloth will be nice with a bar or 2 of handmade soap...I'll have to see how I want to make it to match. I also saw a cute idea of making a bath mitt with a "pocket" in it to hold soap slivers and be able to use them...I may have to make some of those in the future.

The other day, I quit my job. Right now I am contemplating some life changing decisions...but not ones that I want to blog about (at least not now, anyways). So we'll see what happens with that.

I've signed up for GSRP2 but haven't heard a word about it since...was it cancelled or is it just on the DL? Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home