Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, December 06, 2004

New Yarn and an FO

I've guiltily bought some new yarn lately. First, I bought this at my LYS


On the left is a skein of soy silk and on the right a purple novelty yarn with slubs of color. I got it to make a cowl, but I didn't like the way it was working out so now it's just extra yarn. I might use the silk along with some cha cha (which happens to match almost perfectly) to make a scarf or maybe try a cowl again. Someday.

I also bought this at Joann's on Saturday. It was all half off...either through sale or coupons:



I really like Woolease T&Q so I had to gobbly up the black skein when I came across it. It was the only one there. I think I am going to use future coupons to aquire more Woolease T&Q in the offwhite colorway with the wool threads in it...which will kinda match my 9 skeins of the Woodsy colorway (brown with wool threads) and I can maybe make a warm cabley jacket out of it...or something.

Last but certainly not least, I got a package from Bron containing these gems:



Ooooh they go well together but I'm not sure I will use them together. It also bears stating that she also sent me an (almost?} full skein of boa. Well, where is it? I used it up already...hee!...in a scrappy scarf. Here it is:



In addition to the boa, I used homespun (leftover purple from my sweater), Bernat Bouclé (leftover blue from my mom's sweater), Fun Fur (leftover from the scrappy poncho), TLC Wiggles (leftover from a baby sweater), and a small amount of cotton leftover from the bag and bath set I just finished. Whew! I like the way it came out...I just cast on approx 157 stitches with 10.5 needles and knit in garter, changing colors whenever and leaving the ends for fringe. I started it one night around 10pm and finished it the next day around 4.

That's about it...I am on the second sleeve on Vance's sweater...so it will be done soon to show off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home