Tifffany's Ramblings

Friday, January 07, 2005

I've finally got some pics, albeit crappy ones, to show! First up, a homespun cabled hat I whipped up for myself yesterday. I don't think this pic shows off the cables well though...



My novelty bedspread is just about done...enough to take a FO pic of it. I am probably going to add some more border so it hangs down more tho. Here it is in its current state:



I really am in love with the way it turned out. I used lots of different novelty yarns in shades of pink, red, and purple. Then I either started with 10, 20, or 30 stitches in single crochet. I changed yarns whenever I wanted and sometimes did multiple colors per row to make more randomly sized rectangles. Each strip was worked to about 80" then they were sewn together and a border was added. If I add some more border and then was it it should grow some and hang down a little lower.

Finally, a mini project. I found an old plant stand and with the addition of a few baskets it became a yarn stand, see:



The top and bottom baskets hold my novelty yarns and the middle holds my sock yarns. Not only is it pretty but it was free AND it frees up more room on my yarn shelves for more yarn...ALWAYS a good thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home