Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, January 15, 2005

New Fo's to report over here. First up, a fair isle hat I made to practice some. I checked the book "Hats On!" out of the library...and I love it! I tried to find it at Joann's but no luck, so I may have to order it. Cause I MUST have this book. Here is the hat, knitted from woolease in green and white:



I really like it and it fits me but kinda tightly (stretches out the design), so I may have to make a size medium (that one was a small) eventually.

Next up is another hat, made from the scraps of my mom's wrap (which I forgot to take a picture of and she is not keeping hostage at work. Here is the hat:



Third up is a booga-like bag I made from some wool I dyed. I followed the general instructions but changed all the numbers and did stripeys. Here it is in its prefelted state:



The picture came out really bad due to the fact that it's red colors, but I think it will be nice once finished (which won't be for awhile as I think I am going to add a liner and I don't have a good place to sew). I had enough leftovers from this to almost make a Sophie Bag. Coupled with some leftovers from my Market Squares Bag (of which there was a lot), I was able to make a cute lil sophie. I will be having a felting party soon, it seems!

Last but not least, lookie what I scored today:



That's TONS of black chenille yarn up there, that is. It is obviously made for weaving as it is thin, but I bought 2 cones so I can use 2 strands together. How much is there, you ask? I put them on the not so accurate bathroom scale and they registered approximately 2 pounds each. That's a LOT of yarn. And how much did I pay for these babies? Would you believe they were 2 for a dollar? No? Because they weren't! They were 2 for 98 cents! Perhaps I should have snatched up more (altho all they had right now was black chenille...last time I was there they had some other stuff but I didn't even bother to buy it). I don't really have the storage room for it though and I do think that 4 pounds of black chenille yarn is enough. What shall I use this on? Maybe a blanket...but I really don't know.

Tuesday I went down to Tennessee (and back) to pick up some dogs for my grandma. After 23 hours of travel we had 2 lil practically hairless cuties, so I better get going on some dog sweaters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home