Tifffany's Ramblings

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thanks for all compliments on my novelty bedspread! I really love it. It's hard getting used to sleeping with so much weight on me, but it IS warm. And I like to run my hands over it, hehehe.

I don't have any new FO pics to show, because I don't have any new FO's. Well, except for one little hat, but I didn't want to go through the ordeal of taking/transferring/uploading pics for just a hat. I have started a few other projects tho: a pair of socks in Bernat HotSox and a booga-like bag with some wool I had dyed awhile ago in order to make the french market bag from Knitty. But since I was only planning to make this in order to help someone else read the pattern (and they never started) and I heard bad things about the bag, I decided not to make it. So now it is becoming a stripey booga bag. I've also kinda started preparing for a scrappy project, but I'm not sure how it is going to look so no news on that yet.

I have been doing small projects tho. I found some cute notecards so I cut mats for them and framed them. I am also working on a memoboard out of the cork part of a bulletin board (the frame became a frame for my giant foamboard James Dean stamp). Yesterday I found the base of a birdbath set out for trash so I snatched it up and am planning on turning it upside down, building it up (with plaster?), painting it, and setting my bust of Julius Caesar on it. That thing is HEAVY so it should hold him well, plus it has all this fun scrollwork detail that matches him much more than the skinny plantstand he is currently on.

Now off to work on some projects so I hopefully have a more pictureful (is that a word?) post next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home