Tifffany's Ramblings

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

As promised, I have a pic of the poncho I whipped up this weekend. Here she is:


My mom modelled it for me today. I used one full skein of Joann's Sensation Rainbow Boucle in the red tones colorways. For the pattern I kinda started with the Martha Stewart poncho, but because my gauge was diff I just kept going with the main pattern and did a row of sc around the bottom edge instead of the border from the pattern. The rest of the yarn I used on sc rows around the neck. It was quick and simple...and I think it turned out quite well. It took me awhile to find a poncho pattern since this is a relatively new yarn and it works up at a strange gauge. I did use the N-hook, as the pattern calls for. And the pattern I used is: here. This will be gifted to my aunt for her bday, this November. She looooves red :)

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be a November thing, 'cause I love red too. She will love that poncho.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - I gotta say it - I love red too. Great job! Makes me want to run down to Jo-Ann & get a ball. :::Grin:::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home