Tifffany's Ramblings

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

First day of work...kinda

Today was sort of my first day of work. Well, it was the first day I was actually on the floor with the rest of my team instead of in a training room with the rest of my class. I was very worried about today, especially since I had no phone receiver at my desk and my email system wasn't working. Plus it's just a new thing...that's always a bit scary.

BUT it was so nice! When I went in my desk was all decorated and there was a welcome sign, a card from the team, a balloon, a vase filled with m&m's and a plastic flower, and other various things. And then at 8:15 we had an ice breaker where we met the team. A little after that we learned we had a mentor, to help answer questions about the company and such. Oh yeah, and did I mention that one of the coaches baked TWO cakes and the team ordered pizza and salad for lunch. (The cake was very very good too...that lady has had a catering business for 10 years and makes everything from scratch). We also had another meeting with our manager, not to mention that I had my daily hour meeting with my buddy, who is really nice and answers specific questions about my work. AND the phone and email situations were already being taken care of when I got there. I love my team!

I know I promised pics, but it was stormy yesterday so it didn't happen. I really do want to get the poncho up, so that should be soon. As for the sock yarns, I will photograph those if anyone seems interested. I also have a little vogue knitting book and some needle holders.

Off to relax some now and let my stomach settle down (tooo much tasty food)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home