Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, August 22, 2005

Whew!

It's been a bit of a busy weekend around here. Saturday when I got to work I saw that my deskshare partner had moved all his boxes. Unfortunately he had also moved my computer...argh! So I had to call a manager and she had to place me at someone else's desk for the day, which is never fun. It just feels so much better at my own desk. At the other computer I couldn't get cd's to play either, so I had to sit and work in silence alllll day...argh.

Once I got home, I got some calls...one from a friend from college who called to do something the next day, yay! We made a date and she drove up. When she got here, we decided to go to the county fair! There was lots of food, a few rides, quite a bit of games, but hardly any shopping. There was lots and lots of animals tho, which we looked at and petted a bit when noone was looking. I gorged on french fries and a big chewy elephant ear, mmmmm.

Today I got back to business and worked on my sweater for several hours. Here is what I have to show for it:



That's the finished back of the sweater. I've also made about 7" progress on the front left...this sweater sure is a quick knit. The sewing may be a PITA tho, since the yarn is fluffy and there are 2 additional buttonbands to sew on. But I'll manage.

This morning I gathered up my Joann's coupons and headed out and bought these cute buttons (click on them to make them bigger). I had a tough time finding enough of any button I liked that would match. Plus I thought it needed a shank since the yarn is so fluffy. There were some nice leather ones, but either they were (a) not washable OR dry cleanable, (b) not the right size, (c) not enough of them, and/or (d) packaged one button per card and about $4 per button. Since the pattern called for 7 buttons and I had managed to find 3 coupons, I was looking for some with 2 or 3 on a package. I finally found these, but I only bought 6. The other package looked like it had a slightly different color, and besides I never button cardigans up to the neck anyways. So I think I will just leave that button and hole off.

Well, I am going to get back to working on the sweater now...but not before declaring that I am going on a yarn diet. Hopefully it ends up more like a yarn fast, but I will allow myself to buy yarn for a few reasons. If I need it for a present/sale (particularly if someone requests it) and I have nothing in my stash that is suitable, then it's ok. OR if I am working something out of stash yarn but I need a little bit of something else (like novelty trim, contrasting color, or just more of the color I am using), then I'll buy some for that. I haven't bought any yarn outside these guidelines for over a month, so I just need to keep going with it! :)

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is an Elephant Ear?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home