Tifffany's Ramblings

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Another post written in advance, this time just a quickie. Way earlier this year, I designed my own Christmas stocking out of some bits and pieces of wool I had left over from other projects. Add some fancy yarn, fabric, and ribbon and you have a felted nontraditional Xmas stocking. Here it is, in a not very good pic:


I designed it to look like a victorian boot, which was fun. I had big plans to make a few more and then submit it for some sorta online mag, but couldn't figure out the whole submission thing and decided that my camera wasn't good enough to represent it in that medium anyways. But I still love it and may make some more. The lining is sewn so that the heel part of the boot is "cut out" from the interior, lest small things fall in there never to be seen again (or at least not easily retrieved).

I did already write up the pattern as specific as I could, so if anyone wants it let me know (I have it in Word format). Just leave a comment, with email address so I can send it back, or just shoot an email to tifffany(at)gmail(dot)com. It's good for using up bits of leftover felting wool and to have something to do with the fun novelty yarn out there.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That is the cutest Christmas Stocking I have ever seen! I LOVE it! :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

It's absolutely wonderful Tiffany. You should submit the pattern. Here I am pushing you to do this when I usually sit on my but not submitting my patterns anywhere...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home