Tifffany's Ramblings

Monday, October 24, 2005

So I've been quite a bit busy lately and thus have forgotten to blog. But I'm here now and have a lot of updates (with pics!)

Last weekend I called my friend up cause she had gotten a new puppy. She wanted me to come see it, so on Sunday I headed out to Pennsylvania and saw her. She's a dachsund (the puppy, not my friend) and they named her Nestle. And she is just the tiniest cutest dog ever!

I came back later on Sunday (got home a little after 8) and was going to go out to see The Fog, but it didn't play until 10:30pm and I was a bit tired, so I nixed that idea.

Monday I sat around for a bit debating whether to stay in my pajamas all day or go out. I finally decided to head out around 2 or so because I needed to return a movie and such... and I ended up getting a new tattoo. I wanted something on my side and I was able to find some flashart that I could piece together to get something I liked. And the shop was so clean and sparkly that I couldn't resist. Here is what it looked like that day (click all pics to make bigger):


Then it was back to work for a week, but not before I finished this:
I really like the way the detail came out on the edging. To make this I used one ball each of Lion Brand Baby Soft in pink and purple (not the official names), a giant ball of Lion's Pound of Love in White, and misc amounts (over 8oz) of Red Heart SuperSaver in white to finish it off. Gotta love using up the Red Heart. I have 2 more balls of the Baby Soft (blue and green), so I may have to make another.

Then earlier this week I got a present in the mail! It's this beautiful bracelet made by Marie over at Knitti-Me. Here it is, and it's all mine mine mine:
It matches perfectly with my new pajamas that are so soft I am having trouble taking them off in order to put on real clothes. Who needs real clothes anyways? I would gladly live in life in my 'jammas if I could. Also received with this beautiful bracelet was 2 matching stitch markers (head on over to her site to see em) and I hilarious note. It made my day! I won these little treasures by correctly guessing that some mystery buttons were originally on long underwear... go figure!

Finally, Joann's was having a big sale this weekend, so I couldn't resist heading over. I picked up a few skeins of yarn to compliment some I already had, and whipped up this autumnal scarf/hat/mitts set:
I had originally planned these to be for me, but I'm not sure they're my colors. In any case, what I used to make them was: almost 2 balls of Katia Countryin color 10 (bought off Elann ages ago), almost 2 balls of Schachenmayr Toy in color 31 (bought at Big Lots in PA), 2 full balls of Sensations Angel Glitz in color Glitz Copper (bought from Jo-ann of course), and almost 2 balls of Moda-Dea Ricochet, one each of Soul and Salsa (also bought from Jo-ann, on clearance for $1). All together I would estimate the set cost about $25 to make. Now the question is what to do with it. Step one involves modelling the mitts to show they are actually useful. Step two is probably to stick it up by all the other things I've made and have nothing to do with. My 3 huge rubbermaid totes are full and I am now moving on to laundry baskets. I think I need to find a craft fair or something to take this burden off me ;)

That's all for now! Not really working on Kepler much but started a new baby blanket. Cause, why not?

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, I guess you have been busy! I love your tattoo! It's so pretty. I really should make a matching hat, mitts, scarf set. I only have one that don't match with each other. Yours came out great!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Tifffany said...

Thanks guys! My other one is on my back right shoulder.

I love the matching set but not sure I will wear it...it doesnt match my coat as much as anticipated. Oh well ;)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I would totally wear pj's every moment of the day if I could. Sadly, it's against the dresscode of my place of employment. Damn them! Anyway, love the mitts, hat and scarf. Fabu colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home