Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, January 08, 2006

These sweaters are not being given away. Just thought I should say that ;) These were all made for my mom as gifts. First up, we have an off the shoulder piece crocheted in Bernat denimstyle. I used a pattern from a mag (Crochet fantasy, maybe? Or Crochet!) and had to change the pattern a bit due to gauge. This worked up much bigger than what was called for, but I still think it came out well.



Next up is the sweater that was made from the baby blanket yarn. The one I had to rip out part of the blanket for. But I think it came out well all around. Also from a magazine, probably Crochet! or Crochet fantasy. And I also had to edit the pattern some because it did not work up to gauge. But in both cases I used many less stitches, so less time for me :). I love the way this came out, and it fits really well.



Last but not least, a sweater I finished over the summer as a Christmas gift. This can be recognized as the Lo Tech Sweat from Chick Knits. It took forever to knit, but I was super proud of my seaming (esp the pockets) on this. And I think the buttons are cute. Made from Woolease Ivory Sprinkles, purchased at 75 cents a ball, this sweater was a steal! Even factoring button and pattern costs.





I finished up the capelet last night except for sewing on the flower. Now I've started on an afghan to use up more homespun... more pics soon :)

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Your Mom must love it that you make her all those great sweaters! They are all really nice but I am partial to the hoodie. Nice job!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Hey Tiff, these look fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home