Tifffany's Ramblings

Friday, January 06, 2006

We interrupt this sweater bonanza to bring you news of a finished project (!!!). Yes, I finally finished up the baby blanket. Here she is:


I had originally had 4 skeins of Peach Baby Coordinates to make this blanket from, but part of the way through my mom grabbed it and decided it would make the perfect sweater for her. of course I didn't turn the blanket into a sweater, but I did use the yarn I hadn't worked up yet plus ripped back a few rows to complete a sweater for her for xmas (pics pending on that). I finally finished that thing xmas eve morning, locked in my room after taking the day off. But it came out great! Since the blanket was no longer a good length, I bought some white baby coordinates and added stripes on each end. Of course I bought 2 skeins and used less than 1, but such is life. At least I went from 4 skeins of the stuff to 1, right? And got 2 good projects out of it ;). Just because I love my new camera, here is a closeup shot:



Update on the Sweaters: Rosy Outlook and Sonnet have been claimed, but the sweater coat is still up for grabs. I may also have some more coming...

I've started another project, Lion Brand's Town and Country Capelet. I've decided to crochet this for speed, as it's going to be a birthday gift for my aunt (birthday at beginning of February). And I am using up a random ball of Homespun I have (and buying 2 more to go with it, but a net loss, right?) That should be done in no time, and the rosette is so fun to make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home