Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Woohoo I finally finished up the mancala set that I promised my friend for Xmas. Not so woohoo tho is the fact that I hate it. See for yourself:

The cups didn't have a very flat base so I had to sew them all to each other to keep them standing up even after blocking. It's still usable, just not very pretty. *sigh* Oh well...

What DID turn out pretty tho is the homespun blanket I made for my cousin in the Tudor colorway. This worked up so quick and easily. It is going to be a hs graduation present for her to take to chilly Buffalo. Hope she likes it!



And a detail shot:



I started out using the waterfall pattern on lion's website, but then I decided to start with a chain of 91 instead of 61 so it'd be longer. Theeeen I decided I wasn't a huge fan of the rippleage and just did sc the whole way. I like the way it turned out tho and it should be a big, warm blanket for school.

That's all for now! I started a new baby sweater because I didn't know what else to make. I really like the pattern and it's a fun, quick knit.

In other news, Marie got my sweaters in the mail and said they fit perfectly! If I'm lucky, I'll get to see em ;)

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Nice! Looks big and cozy and warm. She will love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home