Tifffany's Ramblings

Thursday, February 16, 2006

So I finished up a couple of the sweaters with closures and all, and decided to snap a pic of them so I could move them into the finished pile for good. First up I started with a ball each of green and blue Lion brand Baby Soft and came up with this:



For the button I used an "extra" that came with a sweater I bought (and wear!). It was a tight fit at first put with playing with it a little it is going in a bit easier. The pattern calls for a tie but I always felt like that might choke, and be a pain to wash.

Then I used the rest of the blue to make another crocheted sweater, but ran out part of the way through and had to substitute with some white Bernat Baby Coordinates (sparkly!) Here is the end result:



I love this one! My mom says it's too girly with the flower buttons, but I think it'd still be great on a little boy. I mean, hellooooooooo, blue and white. Babies are practically genderless anyways. The flower buttons are still coming from a pack that I bought ages ago. I think the buttons weren't intended for clothes, and each pack had lots of different colored flowers and 3 sparkly ones (a pink, blue, and purple). I bought 3 packs so I had 3 of each and have so far used up all the sparklies. I still have a lot of other flowery buttons left tho. At about $1 a pack, I am getting a lot of use out of this $3 button pile!

I am exhausted from baking (cupcakes!), laundering, and packing tonight as I am off to beautiful Pittsburgh this weekend. The weather is supposed to be terrible, so hopefully I won't do any further damage to my car. Until another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home