Tifffany's Ramblings

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Pineapple Sundae/Sunday


Well I finally finished blocking and photographing the pineapple sundae doily. I had doubts that it would turn out flat, as it was very 3-Dimensional as I was making it. But I really like the way it came out! It was meant to be 21" across, but mine came out closer to 19.5". Here is the finished shot:



And a closeup of the pineapple portion:



I used straight pins stuck into the carpet to block this baby (on a towel, since I was afraid of it dyeing the carpet. It says colorfast but I have a green streak on my hand to prove that's not necessarily so). It worked alright, but I have since bought some T-Pins, which I think will hold it better and not bruise my finger when I stick em in.

The pineapple doily came from this book:



I made one other doily from this book before, and it came out well too.

Now I am onto another one... called Heirloom Pineapple Doily... in the same shade of green. I finished all the main rows, now I just have to work the points... fun fun!

4 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Very pretty Tiff! What size needle do you use for doilies?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Tifffany said...

Hi karen! I've been using a size 6 hook (you knew they were crocheted, right? ;) ) for all of mine, regardless of the size it says. And I try to crochet much tighter than usual. I find this sometimes makes them a smidgeon smaller than they are "supposed" to be, but produces much crisper stitches

And thanks!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Stunning Tiffany! Love the green.

I just bought a Dover book on Irish lace. Looking forward to trying my hook on some of those motifs.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I meant hook, not needle duh! haha I would love to try something like that one of these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home